Evolution Fairytale Forum
Thugpreacha

A Cosmological Creationist & Believer

Hello, everyone. I am 60 years of age,and would like to share my story. Sorry if it sounds a bit preachy, but I do have a definite worldview which is slowly recreated as I learn more. (I would NEVER say it evolves! ) :rotfl3:Anyhow, I was saved in 1993. I like to think that within the confines of human wisdom there are three levels within which we relate to our Creator.
Level One--Knowing About God. Atheists are at this level. They may imagine God to be a creation of the human mind, and jokingly refer to Him as "Sky Daddy", Non-Existent, UN-Evidenced, or perhaps described relativistically with a plethora of psuedo-names such as Allah, Loki,Spaghetti Monster,or other joking phrases which gives them a false sense of accomplishment at having "invented" God.  The bottom line, however is that they only know about God and struggle to define Him.
Level Two--Meeting God. This means that the person becomes aware of the reality of Gods presence through the acceptance of Jesus Christ. I distinctly remember when it happened to me. I had prayed numerous time before my salvation occurred and never felt any differeent or more aware of God until this day in early February of 1993. As I prayed that day (with other church members praying with me) I felt a distinct jolt of energy travel through my body and became numb. Mind you, I used to do various drugs in my youth, so this feeling was different than any pharmacological encounter that I had ever had. Whats more, the very next morning when I awoke, the feeling of a new awareness was still with me and has continued to this day. They told me I was Born Again,l and I have accepted this event as the start of a lifelong relationship with the Creator through Jesus Christ and by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
     Top be honest, I have slipped a few times and embraced carnality and addiction despite being saved, but never at the bondage levels that I experienced prior to my salvation.  In addition, God has always provided a way out and back into His Grace.
Level Three--A day to day relationship with God and through Holy Communion, a growing awareness of the world we live in, the cosmic spiritual battle that goes on all around us, and the struggle we face defending our Christian Worldview against atheistic materialism and physical ism. As I get to know you all better, I will go into more detail. We may fuss a bit because I am not a Biblical Creationist such as is/was Dr.Henry Morris, Ken Ham, and the old school guys like Duane Gish. You all may convince me otherwise eventually...I know MikeTheWiz can be quite persistent!  :farmer:

10 hours ago, Thugpreacha said:

Hello, everyone. I am 60 years of age,and would like to share my story.

welcome to the forum.

I would NEVER say it evolves!

evolution is one of those words that can means a lot of different things even though we are discussing the same subject.

pretty crafty, eh?

Atheists . . . only know about God and struggle to define Him.

that pretty well describes everybody doesn't it?

i've yet to hear a rational definition of god from ANYBODY.

all we can say is there is SOMETHING there that simply eludes definition.

certain things happens to ALL of us at one time or another that simply cannot be explained.

anyway, welcome aboard. i hope you enjoy the ride.

11 hours ago, Thugpreacha said:

Hello, everyone. I am 60 years of age,and would like to share my story. Sorry if it sounds a bit preachy, but I do have a definite worldview which is slowly recreated as I learn more. (I would NEVER say it evolves! ) :rotfl3:Anyhow, I was saved in 1993. I like to think that within the confines of human wisdom there are three levels within which we relate to our Creator.
Level One--Knowing About God. Atheists are at this level. They may imagine God to be a creation of the human mind, and jokingly refer to Him as "Sky Daddy", Non-Existent, UN-Evidenced, or perhaps described relativistically with a plethora of psuedo-names such as Allah, Loki,Spaghetti Monster,or other joking phrases which gives them a false sense of accomplishment at having "invented" God.  The bottom line, however is that they only know about God and struggle to define Him.
Level Two--Meeting God. This means that the person becomes aware of the reality of Gods presence through the acceptance of Jesus Christ. I distinctly remember when it happened to me. I had prayed numerous time before my salvation occurred and never felt any differeent or more aware of God until this day in early February of 1993. As I prayed that day (with other church members praying with me) I felt a distinct jolt of energy travel through my body and became numb. Mind you, I used to do various drugs in my youth, so this feeling was different than any pharmacological encounter that I had ever had. Whats more, the very next morning when I awoke, the feeling of a new awareness was still with me and has continued to this day. They told me I was Born Again,l and I have accepted this event as the start of a lifelong relationship with the Creator through Jesus Christ and by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
     Top be honest, I have slipped a few times and embraced carnality and addiction despite being saved, but never at the bondage levels that I experienced prior to my salvation.  In addition, God has always provided a way out and back into His Grace.
Level Three--A day to day relationship with God and through Holy Communion, a growing awareness of the world we live in, the cosmic spiritual battle that goes on all around us, and the struggle we face defending our Christian Worldview against atheistic materialism and physical ism. As I get to know you all better, I will go into more detail. We may fuss a bit because I am not a Biblical Creationist such as is/was Dr.Henry Morris, Ken Ham, and the old school guys like Duane Gish. You all may convince me otherwise eventually...I know MikeTheWiz can be quite persistent!  :farmer:

You may end up finding you have 'More In Common' with Mike The Whiz than you know now.

Welcome, there are indeed many a 'Topic' that relates to much of what you have said such as The Absurdity Of Theistic Evolution 'Topic' here..

If a 'Cosmological' inquiry then likewise Is Earth The Center Of The Universe? 'Topic' goes through many fine details of exactly 'That'...

None The Less good to have you here, look forward to reading your 'Thoughts' of the matters...

On 9/11/2020 at 2:46 AM, Thugpreacha said:

Hello, everyone. I am 60 years of age,and would like to share my story. 

Welcome to the fray, youngster.   :D

On 9/11/2020 at 2:46 AM, Thugpreacha said:

MikeTheWiz can be quite persistent!  :farmer:

Yes, he can.